Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis)
Table of Contents
- Kidney infection facts
- What is the function of the kidneys?
- Where are the kidneys located?
- What is a kidney infection?
- What are the causes of kidney infection?
- What are risk factors for kidney and urinary tract infection?
- Is screening recommended for UTI or kidney infection?
- What are the signs and symptoms of kidney infection?
- How is kidney infection diagnosed?
- What are different types of kidney infection?
- What are the common bacteria that cause kidney infections?
- What is the treatment for kidney infection?
- Are there foods I should avoid if I have a kidney infection?
- Can kidney infection be prevented?
Kidney infection facts
- Kidney infection is one of a number of infections that can involve the urinary tract.
- Infection of the kidney is very common, especially in young females.
- Prompt treatment of kidney infection with antibiotics is extremely important.
- In people with kidney infection, it is important to drink adequate amounts of water and liquids.
- If treated early and adequately, kidney infection generally has a good outcome.Continue Reading
1/12Reviewed on 7/11/2014