"Nov. 1, 2013 (San Diego)- Women who drink one or more sugar-sweetened sodas a day might raise their risk of getting rheumatoid arthritis, according to a new study that links RA risk to the sugary habit. The study does not prove cause and ef"...
Kineret Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Kineret
Generic Name: anakinra (injectable) (Pronunciation: an na KIN rah)
- What is anakinra (Kineret)?
- What are the possible side effects of anakinra (Kineret)?
- What is the most important information I should know about anakinra (Kineret)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using anakinra (Kineret)?
- How should I use anakinra (Kineret)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Kineret)?
- What happens if I overdose (Kineret)?
- What should I avoid while using anakinra (Kineret)?
- What other drugs will affect anakinra (Kineret)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is anakinra (Kineret)?
Anakinra reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that are involved in inflammatory and immune responses.
Anakinra is used to treat the symptoms of moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis in patients who have had an inadequate response to one or more antirheumatic drugs. Anakinra may be used in combination with other antirheumatic medications.
Anakinra may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of anakinra (Kineret)?
If you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives), stop using anakinra, and seek emergency medical attention.
In rare cases, people receiving anakinra have developed serious infections. Notify your doctor immediately if you develop a fever, flu-like symptoms, or any other sign of infection.
Other less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to use anakinra and notify your doctor if you experience
- nausea or diarrhea;
- a headache;
- sinus irritation or infection; or
- redness, bruising, pain, or swelling at the injection site.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Kineret (anakinra) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about anakinra (Kineret)?
In rare cases, people receiving anakinra have developed serious infections. Notify your doctor immediately if you develop a fever, flu-like symptoms, or any other sign of infection. Treatment with anakinra should not be started in patients with active infections or those taking other medicines that may suppress the immune system. The use of anakinra in combination with etanercept (Enbrel), infliximab (Remicade), adalimumab (Humira), or other medicines used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, may also increase the risk of a serious infection.
Additional Kineret Information
- Kineret Drug Interactions Center: anakinra subq
- Kineret Side Effects Center
- Kineret Overview including Precautions
- Kineret FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Kineret - User Reviews
Kineret User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options