"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Vimizim (elosulfase alfa), the first FDA-approved treatment for Mucopolysaccharidosis Type IVA (Morquio A syndrome). Morquio A syndrome is a rare, autosomal recessive lysosomal storage disease "...
Kinevac Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is sincalide (Kinevac)?
- What are the possible side effects of sincalide (Kinevac)?
- What is the most important information I should know about sincalide (Kinevac)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving sincalide (Kinevac)?
- How is sincalide given (Kinevac)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Kinevac)?
- What happens if I overdose (Kinevac)?
- What should I avoid before or after receiving sincalide (Kinevac)?
- What other drugs will affect sincalide (Kinevac)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving sincalide (Kinevac)?
You should not receive sincalide if you are allergic to it, or if you have a blockage in your intestines.
Before you receive sincalide, tell your doctor if you have gallstones.
FDA pregnancy category B. Sincalide is not expected to harm an unborn baby during early pregnancy. However, receiving this medication late in pregnancy may result in a miscarriage or premature labor. Before you receive sincalide, tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
It is not known whether sincalide passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How is sincalide given (Kinevac)?
Sincalide is injected into a vein through an IV. You will receive this injection in a clinic or hospital setting.
Your medical test or x-ray will be performed shortly after sincalide is injected.
Additional Kinevac Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.