Table of Contents
- Knee bursitis facts
- What is bursitis?
- What is knee bursitis?
- What are causes of knee bursitis?
- What are knee bursitis symptoms and signs?
- How is knee bursitis diagnosed?
- How is prepatellar bursitis of the knee treated?
Are there home remedies for knee bursitis?
- What about the other knee bursae?
- What is the prognosis (outlook) of knee bursitis?
- Can knee bursitis be prevented?
Knee bursitis facts
- A bursa is a fluid-filled sac that functions as a gliding surface to reduce friction between moving tissuesof the body.
- There are three major bursae of the knee.
- Bursitis is usually not infectious, but the bursa can become infected.
- Treatment of noninfectious bursitis includes rest, ice, and medications for inflammation and pain. Infectious bursitis is treated with antibiotics, aspiration, and surgery. Continue Reading
1/8Reviewed on 10/30/2015
Next: What is bursitis?
Joint Problems Resources
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication