Table of Contents
- Knee pain facts
- What is knee pain?
- What are knee pain symptoms and signs?
- What causes knee pain?
- What causes knee pain? (Continued)
- What are risk factors for knee pain?
- When should people with knee pain call a health-care professional?
- What are some of the complications of knee pain?
- How do physicians diagnose knee pain?
- What is the treatment for knee pain?
- What is the treatment for knee pain? (Continued)
- Are there any home remedies for relief of knee pain?
- What is the prognosis of knee pain?
What are knee pain symptoms and signs?
The location of the knee pain can vary depending on which structure is involved. With infection, the whole knee might be swollen and painful, while a torn meniscus or fracture of a bone gives symptoms only in one specific location.
The severity of the pain can vary, from a minor ache to a severe and disabling pain.
Some of the other findings that accompany knee pain are
- difficulty walking due to instability of the knee,
- limping due to discomfort,
- locking of the knee (unable to bend the knee),
- redness and swelling,
- inability to extend the knee. Continue Reading