Table of Contents
- Knee pain facts
- What is knee pain?
- What are knee pain symptoms and signs?
- What causes knee pain?
- What causes knee pain? (Continued)
- What are risk factors for knee pain?
- When should people with knee pain call a health-care professional?
- What are some of the complications of knee pain?
- How do physicians diagnose knee pain?
- What kind of doctors treat knee pain?
- What is the treatment for knee pain?
- What is the treatment for knee pain? (Continued)
- Are there any home remedies for relief of knee pain?
- Is it possible to prevent knee pain?
- What is the prognosis of knee pain?
What are risk factors for knee pain?
Biomechanics: The knee joint is complicated in its operation and is used frequently throughout the day. Any change in the movement of the joint (leg-length difference, change in walking style due to back problems) can cause subtle changes and cause pain and injuries.
Overuse during repetitive motions as are found during certain exercises (jogging, skiing) or work conditions (long periods of kneeling) can cause breakdown of cartilage and lead to pain. Continue Reading