In this Article
- What other names is Kombucha Tea known by?
- What is Kombucha Tea?
- How does Kombucha Tea work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Kombucha Tea.
Interaction Rating: Minor Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Kombucha tea contains alcohol. The body breaks down alcohol to get rid of it. Disulfiram (Antabuse) decreases the break-down of alcohol. Taking kombucha tea along with disulfiram (Antabuse) can cause a pounding headache, vomiting, flushing, and other unpleasant reactions. Don't drink any alcohol if you are taking disulfiram (Antabuse).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.