"Two researchers at the National Institutes of Health discovered a new genetic link between the rapid growth of healthy fetuses and the uncontrolled cell division in cancer. The findings shed light on normal development and on the genetic under"...
Kytril Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Granisol, Kytril
Generic Name: granisetron (oral) (Pronunciation: gra NIS e tron)
- What is granisetron (Kytril)?
- What are the possible side effects of granisetron (Kytril)?
- What is the most important information I should know about granisetron (Kytril)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking granisetron (Kytril)?
- How should I take granisetron (Kytril)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Kytril)?
- What happens if I overdose (Kytril)?
- What should I avoid while taking granisetron (Kytril)?
- What other drugs will affect granisetron (Kytril)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is granisetron (Kytril)?
Granisetron blocks the actions of chemicals in the body that can trigger nausea and vomiting.
Granisetron is used to prevent nausea and vomiting that may be caused by medicine to treat cancer (chemotherapy or radiation).
Granisetron may be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Granisetron 1 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M, G3
Granisetron 1 mg-ROX
round, white, imprinted with 54 922
Granisetron 1 mg-TEV
oblong, white, imprinted with 93, 7485
What are the possible side effects of granisetron (Kytril)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fast or pounding heartbeats;
- fever, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- easy bruising or bleeding; unusual weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- stomach pain or upset, loss of appetite;
- diarrhea or constipation;
- dizziness; or
- sleep problems (insomnia);
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Kytril (granisetron) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about granisetron (Kytril)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to granisetron or to similar medicines such as dolasetron (Anzemet), ondansetron (Zofran), or palonosetron (Aloxi).
Before taking granisetron, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, a heart rhythm disorder, an electrolyte imbalance (such as low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood), or a personal or family history of Long QT syndrome.
Granisetron is usually started up to 1 hour before chemotherapy. Tell your doctor if you forget to take the medication within the specified amount of time before your procedure.
Additional Kytril Information
Kytril - User Reviews
Kytril User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.