Lac-Hydrin Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is ammonium lactate (Lac-Hydrin)?
- What are the possible side effects of ammonium lactate?
- What is the most important information I should know about ammonium lactate?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using ammonium lactate topical?
- How should I apply ammonium lactate?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while using ammonium lactate?
- What other drugs will affect ammonium lactate?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using ammonium lactate topical?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to ammonium lactate.
Ammonium lactate may be more likely to cause skin irritation in people who have fair or sensitive skin.
FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
It is not known whether ammonium lactate passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Ammonium lactate should not be used on a child without the advice of a doctor.
How should I apply ammonium lactate?
Use this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Shake the lotion form of this medication well just before using it.
Ammonium lactate is usually applied twice a day. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Wash your hands before and after applying this medication, unless you are using it to treat a hand condition.
Do not apply ammonium lactate to your face unless your doctor has told you to.
Call your doctor if your skin condition does not improve or if it gets worse even with ammonium lactate treatment.
Store ammonium lactate at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Lac-Hydrin Information
Lac-Hydrin - User Reviews
Lac-Hydrin User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.