In this Article
- What other names is Lactase known by?
- What is Lactase?
- How does Lactase work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lactase.
Do not use lactase if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For lactose intolerance: the typical dose of lactase is 6000-9000 IU tablets chewed and swallowed at the start of a meal that contains lactose. 2000 IU of the solution added to 500 mL of milk immediately before drinking it has also been used.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.