In this Article
- What other names is Lactoferrin known by?
- What is Lactoferrin?
- How does Lactoferrin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lactoferrin.
Do not use lactoferrin if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- For treating hepatitis C: 1.8 to 3.6 grams of lactoferrin from cows (bovine lactoferrin) per day.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.