- What other names is Lactoferrin known by?
- What is Lactoferrin?
- How does Lactoferrin work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lactoferrin.
Possibly Effective for...
- Hepatitis C.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Helicobacter pylori infection (an ulcer-causing bacterial infection), stimulating the immune system, preventing damage related to aging, promoting healthy bacteria in the intestine, regulating iron metabolism, fighting bacteria and viruses (antibacterial and antiviral agent), use as an antioxidant, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.