In this Article
- What other names is Laminaria known by?
- What is Laminaria?
- How does Laminaria work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Laminaria.
The use of laminaria directly on the cervix during pregnancy or childbirth is unsafe. It can cause serious side effects for both mother and child including infection, rupture of the cervix, and infant death.
Do not use laminaria if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have problems with your kidneys. It might cause dangerously high potassium levels.
- You have thyroid gland disease.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.