- What other names is Laminaria known by?
- What is Laminaria?
- How does Laminaria work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Laminaria.
Possibly Ineffective for...
- Preparation ("ripening") of the cervix in women, such as during childbirth or procedures.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Weight loss, high blood pressure, cancer prevention, heartburn, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Laminaria work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.