Lamisil Oral Granules
"Chronic itch, which occurs in many medical conditions and in response to certain drugs, affects millions of Americans, yet its causes are poorly understood. Now, investigators funded in part by the NIH's National Institute of Arthritis and Muscul"...
Lamisil Oral Granules
Lamisil Oral Granules Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What are the possible side effects of terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What is the most important information I should know about terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- How should I take terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What happens if I overdose (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What should I avoid while taking terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- What other drugs will affect terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
You should not use this medication if you are allergic to terbinafine.
To make sure you can safely take terbinafine, tell your doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
- liver disease;
- kidney disease;
- a history of depression; or
- an autoimmune disorder such as lupus or psoriasis.
FDA pregnancy category B. This medication is not expected to be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
Terbinafine can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
How should I take terbinafine (Lamisil Oral Granules)?
Take exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
Take the terbinafine tablet with a full glass (8 ounces) of water.
Terbinafine granules should be sprinkled into a spoonful of pudding or mashed potatoes (do not mix with applesauce, fruit juice, or other acidic foods). Swallow this mixture right away without chewing. Do not save the mixture for later use.
The terbinafine granule mixture should be taken with a meal.
Terbinafine is usually taken for 6 to 12 weeks.
Take this medication for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics. Terbinafine will not treat a viral infection such as the common cold or flu.
To be sure this medicine is not causing harmful effects, your blood may need to be tested often. Your liver function may also need to be tested. Visit your doctor regularly.
It may take several months for your nails to return to their normal appearance after your treatment with terbinafine.
Store at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light.
Keep the terbinafine oral granules in their sealed packet until you are ready to use.
Additional Lamisil Oral Granules Information
- Lamisil Oral Granules Drug Interactions Center: terbinafine oral
- Lamisil Oral Granules Side Effects Center
- Lamisil Oral Granules Overview including Precautions
- Lamisil Oral Granules FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Lamisil Oral Granules - User Reviews
Lamisil Oral Granules User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.