"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Corlanor (ivabradine) to reduce hospitalization from worsening heart failure.
Corlanor is approved for use in certain people who have long-lasting (chronic) heart failure caused by the lo"...
- Advise patients that digoxin is a cardiac glycoside used to treat heart failure and heart arrhythmias.
- Instruct patients to take this medication as directed by their physician.
- Advise patients that many drugs can interact with LANOXIN. Instruct patients to inform their doctor and pharmacist if they are taking any over the counter medications, including herbal medication, or are started on a new prescription.
- Advise patient that blood tests will be necessary to ensure that their LANOXIN dose is appropriate for them.
- Advise patients to contact their doctor or a health care professional if they experience nausea, vomiting, persistent diarrhea, confusion, weakness, or visual disturbances (including blurred vision, green-yellow color disturbances, halo effect) as these could be signs that the dose of LANOXIN may be too high.
- Advise parents or caregivers that the symptoms of having too high LANOXIN doses may be difficult to recognize in infants and pediatric patients. Symptoms such as weight loss, failure to thrive in infants, abdominal pain, and behavioral disturbances may be indications of digoxin toxicity.
- Suggest to the patient to monitor and record their heart rate and blood pressure daily.
- Instruct women of childbearing potential who become or are planning to become pregnant to consult a physician prior to initiation or continuing therapy with LANOXIN.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/17/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Lanoxin Injection Information
- Lanoxin Injection Drug Interactions Center: digoxin inj
- Lanoxin Injection Side Effects Center
- Lanoxin Injection FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.