In this Article
- Conditions laparoscopic surgery (laparoscopy) treats
- How is the laparoscopy procedure performed?
- How do I prepare for laparoscopy?
- What happens the day of the laparoscopic surgery?
- Your recovery at home after laparoscopy
- Find a local Surgeon in your town
Your recovery at home after laparoscopy
You will be encouraged to steadily increase your activity once you are home. Walking is great exercise! Walking will help your general recovery by strengthening your muscles, keeping your blood circulating to prevent blood clots, and helping your lungs stay clear. Avoid constipation by using stool softeners, as pain medications usually can cause constipation.
Edited by Cynthia Dennison Haines, MD on March 01, 2006.
Portions of this page copyright © The Cleveland Clinic 2000-2004
National Institutes of Health
Last Editorial Review: 12/13/2007
Get the latest treatment options.