Table of Contents
- Laryngitis facts
- What is laryngitis?
- What causes laryngitis?
- What are the symptoms of laryngitis?
- Symptoms of laryngitis in adults
- Symptoms of laryngitis in infants and children
- Is laryngitis contagious?
- How is laryngitis diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for laryngitis?
- Are there any home remedies for laryngitis?
- What are the complications of laryngitis?
What are the symptoms of laryngitis?
Hoarseness, loss of voice, and throat pain are the primary symptoms of laryngitis.
Symptoms of laryngitis in adults
If the cause of laryngitis is infectious, affected individuals will have symptoms of a viral infection:
- Upper respiratory tract infection or cold
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes (lymph glands) in the neck
- Pain with swallowing
- A feeling of fullness in the throat or neck
- Runny nose
- Loss of voice Continue Reading
4/10Reviewed on 5/1/2015