- What other names is Lavender known by?
- What is Lavender?
- How does Lavender work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lavender.
Possibly Effective for...
- Hair loss in a condition called alopecia areata when applied to the scalp in combination with other oils.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Depression, sleeplessness, agitation, general psychological well-being, loss of appetite, colic, headache, migraine, toothache, acne, nausea, vomiting, cancer, use as a mosquito repellent and insect repellent, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Lavender work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.