Leigh's Syndrome (Leigh's Disease) (cont.)
In this Article
- What is Leigh's disease (Leigh's syndrome)?
- What causes Leigh's disease?
- What are the symptoms of Leigh's disease?
- Is there any treatment for Leigh's disease?
- Are there other forms of Leigh's disease?
- What is the prognosis for Leigh's disease?
- What research is being done with Leigh's disease?
- Clinical trials for Leigh's disease
- Support for Leigh's disease
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Support for Leigh's disease
8301 Professional Place
Landover, MD 20785-7223
Tel: 301-459-3700 800-EFA-1000 (332-1000)
National Organization for Rare Disorders (NORD)
P.O. Box 1968
(55 Kenosia Avenue)
Danbury, CT 06813-1968
Tel: 203-744-0100 Voice Mail 800-999-NORD (6673)
United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation
8085 Saltsburg Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15239
Tel: 412-793-8077 888-317-UMDF (8633)
Medically reviewed by Jon Glass, MD; American board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Last update: 10/8/2008
SOURCE: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. NINDS Leigh's Disease Information Page.
Last Editorial Review: 4/2/2014
Find out what women really need.