In this Article
- What other names is Lemon Balm known by?
- What is Lemon Balm?
- How does Lemon Balm work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lemon Balm.
Some information suggests that lemon balm might be safe when taken by children under age 12 for up to one month.
Do not use lemon balm if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks. Lemon balm might cause excessive sedation if combined with medications used during and after surgery.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips for better sleep.