- What other names is Lentinan known by?
- What is Lentinan?
- How does Lentinan work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lentinan.
Possibly Effective for...
- Treatment of HIV infection, when administered with the medication didanosine (ddI, Videx) during treatment.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Treating breast cancer, stomach cancer, and prostate cancer when administered with other medications during treatment.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Lentinan work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get breaking medical news.