"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Levatol Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Levatol
Generic Name: penbutolol (Pronunciation: pen byoo TOH lol)
- What is penbutolol (Levatol)?
- What are the possible side effects of penbutolol (Levatol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about penbutolol (Levatol)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking penbutolol (Levatol)?
- How should I take penbutolol (Levatol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Levatol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Levatol)?
- What should I avoid while taking penbutolol (Levatol)?
- What other drugs will affect penbutolol (Levatol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is penbutolol (Levatol)?
Penbutolol is a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers affect the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins).
Penbutolol is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Penbutolol may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of penbutolol (Levatol)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- slow or uneven heartbeats;
- feeling short of breath, even with mild exertion;
- swelling, rapid weight gain; or
- feeling like you might pass out.
Less serious side effects may include:
- feeling tired;
- nausea, diarrhea, upset stomach;
- decreased interest in sex; or
- cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Levatol (penbutolol sulfate) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about penbutolol (Levatol)?
Do not stop taking penbutolol without first talking to your doctor. Stopping suddenly may make your condition worse.
If you need surgery, tell the surgeon ahead of time that you are using penbutolol. You may need to stop using the medicine for a short time.
This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.
Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of penbutolol.
Penbutolol is only part of a complete program of treatment for hypertension that may also include diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely if you are being treated for hypertension.
Keep using this medicine as directed, even if you feel well. High blood pressure often has no symptoms. You may need to use blood pressure medication for the rest of your life.
Additional Levatol Information
- Levatol Drug Interactions Center: penbutolol oral
- Levatol Side Effects Center
- Levatol Overview including Precautions
- Levatol FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Levatol - User Reviews
Levatol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on handling your hypertension.