"Nov. 1, 2012 -- Having even mildly elevated blood pressure at midlife prematurely ages the brain, a new study shows.
Researchers say the early changes seen with higher blood pressure may set the stage for problems with thinking, memor"...
Lexxel Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Lexxel
Generic Name: enalapril and felodipine (Pronunciation: en AL a pril and fe LOE di peen)
- What is enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- What are the possible side effects of enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- What is the most important information I should know about enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- How should I take enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Lexxel)?
- What happens if I overdose (Lexxel)?
- What should I avoid while taking enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- What other drugs will affect enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
Enalapril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors. ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.
Felodipine is in a group of drugs called calcium channel blockers. It works by relaxing the muscles of your heart and blood vessels.
The combination of enalapril and felodipine is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It is usually given after other blood pressure medications have been tried without successful treatment of hypertension.
Enalapril and felodipine may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; severe stomach pain; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- feeling like you might pass out;
- chest pain;
- swelling in your hands or feet;
- fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeats;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms; or
- nausea, stomach pain, loss of appetite, itching, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Less serious side effects may include:
- swelling in your gums;
- feeling tired or weak;
- warmth, redness, or tingling under your skin;
- dry mouth, sore throat; or
- diarrhea, constipation, upset stomach.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect.
Read the Lexxel (enalapril maleate-felodipine) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about enalapril and felodipine (Lexxel)?
Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. Enalapril and felodipine could cause birth defects in the baby if you take the medication during pregnancy. Use an effective form of birth control. Stop using this medication and tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment.
Vomiting, diarrhea, or heavy sweating can cause you to become dehydrated. This can lead to very low blood pressure, electrolyte disorders, or kidney failure while you are taking enalapril and felodipine. Drink plenty of water each day while you are taking this medication.
Additional Lexxel Information
Lexxel - User Reviews
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.