(Generic versions may still be available.)
Librax Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Librax
Generic Name: chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Pronunciation: klor dye az e POX ide and kli DI nee um)
- What is chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- What are the possible side effects of chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- What is the most important information I should know about chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- How should I take chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Librax)?
- What happens if I overdose (Librax)?
- What should I avoid while taking chlordiazepoxide and clidinium? (Librax)?
- What other drugs will affect chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
Chlordiazepoxide is in a group of drugs called benzodiazepines (ben-zoe-dye-AZE-eh-peens). Chlordiazepoxide affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause anxiety.
Clidinium reduces stomach acid and decreases intestinal spasms.
The combination of chlordiazepoxide and clidinium is used to treat stomach ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, and intestinal infections.
Chlordiazepoxide and clidinium may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
green, imprinted with V, 2732
What are the possible side effects of chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
- depressed mood, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
- restless muscle movements in your eyes, tongue, jaw, or neck;
- hyperactivity, agitation, hostility;
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
- urinating less than usual or not at all.
Less serious side effects may include:
- drowsiness, tiredness;
- skin rash;
- blurred vision;
- dry mouth;
- nausea, vomiting, constipation; or
- irregular menstrual periods.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Librax (chlordiazepoxide and clidinium) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects »
What is the most important information I should know about chlordiazepoxide and clidinium (Librax)?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to chlordiazepoxide or clidinium, or to other benzodiazepines, such as alprazolam (Xanax), clorazepate (Tranxene), diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), or oxazepam (Serax).
Before taking chlordiazepoxide and clidinium, tell your doctor if you have any breathing problems, glaucoma, porphyria, kidney or liver disease, or a history of depression, suicidal thoughts, or addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Do not drink alcohol while taking chlordiazepoxide and clidinium. This medication can increase the effects of alcohol.
Chlordiazepoxide and clidinium can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert.
This medication may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Chlordiazepoxide and clidinium should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it.
Additional Librax Information
Librax - User Reviews
Librax User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.