In this Article
- What other names is Licorice known by?
- What is Licorice?
- How does Licorice work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Licorice.
Do not take licorice if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You have heart problems.
- You have breast, uterine, or ovarian cancer.
- You have endometriosis or uterine fibroids.
- You have been told you have low potassium levels.
- You are scheduled for surgery in the next two weeks.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.