"June 24, 2014 -- Scientists say they may be able to explain how ongoing stress raises the risk of having a heart attack.
They say stress triggers our bodies to make a surplus of disease-fighting white blood cells. That in turn can boost inf"...
Lincocin Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Bactramycin, Lincocin
Generic Name: lincomycin (Pronunciation: LIN koe mye sin)
- What is lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- What are the possible side effects of lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before receiving lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- How is lincomycin given (Lincocin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Lincocin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Lincocin)?
- What should I avoid while receiving lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- What other drugs will affect lincomycin (Lincocin)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is lincomycin (Lincocin)?
Lincomycin is an antibiotic that fights serious infections caused by bacteria.
Lincomycin is used to treat severe bacterial infections in people who cannot receive penicillin antibiotics.
Lincomycin may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of lincomycin (Lincocin)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Tell your caregivers right away if you have any of these serious side effects:
- diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
- feeling like you might pass out;
- easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness; or
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips.
Less serious side effects include:
- nausea, vomiting;
- swollen or painful tongue;
- vaginal itching or discharge;
- mild itching or skin rash;
- ringing in your ears; or
- dizziness, spinning feeling.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Lincocin (lincomycin hcl) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about lincomycin (Lincocin)?
Before receiving lincomycin, tell your doctor if you have asthma or allergies, a stomach or intestinal disorder such as colitis, liver or kidney disease, or epilepsy or other seizure disorder.
Antibiotic medicines can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, call your doctor. Do not use any medicine to stop the diarrhea unless your doctor has told you to.
Serious side effects of lincomycin include fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips, severe blistering or peeling skin rash, feeling like you might pass out, easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, or urinating less than usual or not at all.
Additional Lincocin Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get the latest treatment options.