"Spring break is on the way, or maybe summer vacation. Time to pack your swim suit, hit the beach, and perhaps indulge in a little harmless fun. What about getting a temporary tattoo to mark the occasion? Who could it hurt to get a temporary tatto"...
Lindane Shampoo Patient Information Including Side Effects
Generic Name: lindane topical (Pronunciation: LIN dane)
- What is lindane topical ?
- What are the possible side effects of lindane topical ?
- What is the most important information I should know about lindane topical ?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using lindane topical ?
- How should I use lindane topical ?
- What happens if I miss a dose ?
- What happens if I overdose ?
- What should I avoid while using lindane topical ?
- What other drugs will affect lindane topical ?
- Where can I get more information?
What is lindane topical ?
Lindane is a pediculicide and a scabicide. It affects the nervous system of the parasites.
Lindane topical is used to treat head lice, pubic lice ("crabs"), and scabies.
Lindane topical may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of lindane topical ?
Stop using lindane topical and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an uncommon but serious side effect such as
- an allergic reaction (shortness of breath; closing of the throat; swelling of the lips, face, or tongue; or hives);
- seizures; or
- uncontrollable body shaking.
Other less serious side effects may also occur. Talk to your doctor if you experience
- dizziness or drowsiness;
- itching, burning, dryness, or rash of the skin.
Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. Talk to your doctor about any side effect that seems unusual or that is especially bothersome. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Lindane Shampoo (lindane shampoo) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about lindane topical ?
Do not apply this medication to the face, eyes, nose, or mouth. Flush with water if you get medication in any of these areas. Seek medical attention if lindane topical is ingested or if irritation is persistent.
Do not use more of this medication than is recommended. Using more than the prescribed amount of lindane topical may cause seizures or other dangerous side effects.
Treat sexual and other close contacts who are also infected. Do not use lindane topical to treat contacts who are not infected in an attempt to prevent infection from occurring.
To prevent reinfection, wash all clothing, hats, bed clothes, bed linens, hair brushes, and combs in hot water with a strong cleanser.
Talk to your doctor before using a second dose of lindane topical. Using lindane topical too soon after the first dose may cause seizures and/or death.
Additional Lindane Shampoo Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.