- Cosmetic procedures and lip augmentation
- Who are the best candidates for lip augmentation?
- What are the types of injections for lip enlargement
- Implants and surgeries for lip enhancement
- How long will my recovery take after lip augmentation surgery?
- How should I prepare for lip augmentation?
- What are the risks and complications of lip augmentation?
- When to call your doctor after the procedure
- Does insurance cover the cost of lip augmentation?
- Find a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
Cosmetic Procedures and Lip Augmentation
So you want to improve the appearance of your lips? You've got your reasons. Plumping your pucker often improves self-confidence and sexual confidence.
The good news is that you have many options to improve the appearance of your lips. The methods we discuss here also reduce fine lines and wrinkles around your lips. It's important to be realistic, too. Injections or implants can enhance and improve your natural look, but they're not about performing miracles.
Who Are the Best Candidates for Lip Augmentation?
You must be in good general health overall. You are not a good candidate for lip augmentation if you have:
- Current cold sores
- Certain diseases such as diabetes or lupus
- Any scarring of the lips
- Blood clotting problems
Like any other cosmetic surgery, lip augmentation requires a lot of responsibility. You can only determine for yourself if you're ready. We've included the most popular injections and implants here. This information should serve as a general overview only and should not replace your doctor's advice. Once you've selected a doctor, you will communicate with him or her and decide together which option best suits your needs.
As with any medical procedure, you should tell your doctor of any allergies or any medications that you are taking and you will be required to discuss your medical history. Certain diseases such as diabetes can increase your chances of complications. If you are a smoker, this may also be a complicating factor.
© 2005-2014 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
Find out what women really need.