Lip Augmentation (cont.)
In this Article
- Cosmetic procedures and lip augmentation
- Who are the best candidates for lip augmentation?
- What are the types of injections for lip enlargement
- Implants and surgeries for lip enhancement
- How long will my recovery take after lip augmentation surgery?
- How should I prepare for lip augmentation?
- What are the risks and complications of lip augmentation?
- When to call your doctor after the procedure
- Does insurance cover the cost of lip augmentation?
- Find a local Plastic Surgeon in your town
How to Prepare for Lip Augmentation:
It's important that you have someone with you who can drive you home from the operation.
If you are a smoker, you may be required to stop smoking for a period before the procedure. You should follow your doctor's instructions carefully on this.
Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing. Be especially mindful of the shirt or blouse you choose to wear that day. It should be button down, if possible, so you do not have to pull it over your face.
You should not take aspirin or painkillers like ibuprofen or Motrin before having the procedure.
Before Your Procedure, Establish a Home Recovery Area With the Following:
- Comfortable pillows on which you can prop yourself
- Ointment or cream as recommended by your doctor
- Plenty of soft foods, such as jello, pudding, oatmeal and yogurt that do not require chewing
- Telephone within reaching distance of your recovery area
What Are the Risks and Complications of Lip Augmentation?
As with any surgery, there are risks and complications. You can have allergic reactions to implants as we've described above or an allergic reaction to anesthesia.
You can experience bleeding or an implant that hardens, which may require removal. You also risk infection or perhaps even nerve damage in some cases. It's very important that you discuss any concerns with your doctor prior to surgery and that you make your doctor aware of any existing medical conditions which may cause further complications.
© 2005-2016 WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved.
Find out what women really need.