In this Article
- What other names is Lipase known by?
- What is Lipase?
- How does Lipase work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lipase.
Do not take lipase if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have cystic fibrosis.
- For digestion problems due to a disorder of the pancreas (pancreatic insufficiency) that is associated with cystic fibrosis: A typical dose for adults is 4500 units per kilogram of lipase per day. For children, a typical dose is 5100 units per kilogram per day. Start with a low dose and gradually increase until there is a benefit, but don't take more than the typical dose without checking with your healthcare provider.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.