In this Article
- What other names is Lipase known by?
- What is Lipase?
- How does Lipase work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lipase.
Do not take lipase if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have cystic fibrosis.
- For digestion problems due to a disorder of the pancreas (pancreatic insufficiency) that is associated with cystic fibrosis: A typical dose for adults is 4500 units per kilogram of lipase per day. For children, a typical dose is 5100 units per kilogram per day. Start with a low dose and gradually increase until there is a benefit, but don't take more than the typical dose without checking with your healthcare provider.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.