"Nov. 5, 2012 (Los Angeles) -- An IV infusion of "good" HDL cholesterol seems to rapidly remove cholesterol out of plaque-clogged arteries following a heart attack, a small, early study suggests.
The goal of the new treatment is to red"...
Patients should be advised:
- of the potential benefits and risks of LIPOFEN.
- not to use LIPOFEN if there is a known hypersensitivity to fenofibrate or fenofibric acid.
- of medications that should not be taken in combination with LIPOFEN.
- that if they are taking coumarin anticoagulants, LIPOFEN may increase their anti-coagulant effect, and increased monitoring may be necessary.
- to inform their physician of all medications, supplements, and herbal preparations they are taking and any change in their medical condition.
- to inform a physician prescribing a new medication, that they are taking LIPOFEN.
- to continue to follow an appropriate lipid-modifying diet while taking LIPOFEN.
- to take LIPOFEN once daily at the prescribed dose, swallowing each capsule whole.
- to inform their physician of any muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness; onset of abdominal pain; or any other new symptoms.
- to return to their physician's office for routine monitoring.
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/1/2013
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Lipofen Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Tips to keep it under control.