- What other names is Lithium known by?
- What is Lithium?
- How does Lithium work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lithium.
- Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder).
Likely Effective for...
Possibly Effective for...
- Schizophrenia and related mental disorders.
- Impulsive aggressive behavior.
- Aggression associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Alcohol dependence, blood cell disorders, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Lithium work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on therapy and treatment.