- What other names is Lithium known by?
- What is Lithium?
- How does Lithium work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lithium.
- Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder).
Likely Effective for...
Possibly Effective for...
- Schizophrenia and related mental disorders.
- Impulsive aggressive behavior.
- Aggression associated with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Alcohol dependence, blood cell disorders, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Lithium work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Get tips on therapy and treatment.