"Nov. 12, 2012 -- The requirement to fast before a cholesterol check can be a major inconvenience.
People who forget to fast may be told to reschedule their appointments. For those who remember, sitting in a doctor's waiting room with "...
There is no known specific treatment in the event of overdose of pitavastatin. In the event of overdose, the patient should be treated symptomatically and supportive measures instituted as required. Hemodialysis is unlikely to be of benefit due to high protein binding ratio of pitavastatin.
The use of LIVALO is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Patients with a known hypersensitivity to any component of this product. Hypersensitivity reactions including rash, pruritus, and urticaria have been reported with LIVALO [see ADVERSE REACTIONS].
- Patients with active liver disease which may include unexplained persistent elevations of hepatic transaminase levels [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS, Use In Specific Populations].
- Co-administration with cyclosporine [see DRUG INTERACTIONS and CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY].
- Pregnancy. [see Use In Specific Populations].
- Lactation. It is not known if pitavastatin is present in human milk; however, another drug in this class passes into breast milk. Since HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors have the potential for serious adverse reactions in breastfed infants, women who require pitavastatin treatment should not breastfeed their infants [see Use In Specific Populations].
Last reviewed on RxList: 12/12/2016
Additional Livalo Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Tips to keep it under control.