Liver Cancer Hepatocellular Carcinoma (cont.)
John P. Cunha, DO, FACOEP
John P. Cunha, DO, is a U.S. board-certified Emergency Medicine Physician. Dr. Cunha's educational background includes a BS in Biology from Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, and a DO from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, MO. He completed residency training in Emergency Medicine at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, New Jersey.
In this Article
- What is liver cancer?
- What is metastatic liver cancer?
- What causes liver cancer?
- What are the risk factors for liver cancer?
- What are liver cancer symptoms and signs?
- How is liver cancer diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for liver cancer?
- What is the follow up after treatment for liver cancer?
- What is the prognosis of liver cancer?
- Are there alternative and complementary therapies for liver cancer?
- Can liver cancer be prevented?
- Find a local Doctor in your town
Can liver cancer be prevented?
Prevention of cirrhosis, which is the underlying cause of liver cancer, will help in preventing the development of liver cancer.
Routine surveillance for liver cancer by performing ultrasound of the liver every 6 months in patients with a cirrhotic liver will detect early liver cancer.
American Cancer Society
American Association for Study of Liver Diseases
Viewers share their comments
Get the latest treatment options.