Table of Contents
- Liver Disease Facts
- What is liver disease?
- What is liver disease? (Continued)
- What are the causes of liver disease (alcohol and cirrhosis)?
- What are the causes of liver disease (drug-induced liver disease)?
- What are the causes of liver disease (hepatitis and others)?
- What are the causes of liver disease (cancer and others)?
- What are the risk factors for liver disease?
- What are the symptoms of liver disease?
- When to seek medical care for liver disease
- How is liver disease diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for liver disease?
- What are the complications of liver disease?
- Can liver disease be prevented?
- What is the outlook for a patient with liver disease?
Liver Disease Facts
- The liver plays an important role in many bodily functions from protein production and blood clotting to cholesterol, glucose (sugar), and iron metabolism.
- A variety of illnesses can affect the liver, for example,
- certain drugs like excessive amounts of acetaminophen, and acetaminophen combination medications like Vicodin, Norco, and statins,
- Symptoms of liver diseases include
- The treatment of a particular liver disease depends on its specific cause. Continue Reading
1/13Reviewed on 7/15/2015
Next: What is liver disease?
Liver Disease Related Articles
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication