"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Dalvance (dalbavancin), a new antibacterial drug used to treat adults with skin infections.
Dalvance is intended to treat acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI) cau"...
Patients using Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) should receive the following information and instructions:
- Discontinue Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) when control is achieved.
- Apply a thin film to the affected skin areas two or three times daily for corticosteroid-reponsive dermatoses in adults. Consult with your physician to determine if treatment is needed beyond 2 weeks.
- Apply a thin film to the affected skin areas two times daily for atopic dermatitis in patients 3 months of age and older. Safety of Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) in pediatric patients has not been established beyond 4 weeks of use.
- Rub in gently.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not bandage, otherwise cover, or wrap the affected skin area so as to be occlusive unless directed by your physician.
- Do not use Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) in the diaper area, as diapers or plastic pants may constitute occlusive dressings.
- Do not use Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) on the face, underarms, or groin areas unless directed by your physician.
- If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, contact your physician.
- Do not use other corticosteroid-containing products while using Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) without first consulting your physician.
Last reviewed on RxList: 11/6/2009
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Locoid Lipocream Information
Locoid Lipocream - User Reviews
Locoid Lipocream User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.