"Some cryogenic wart removers—which remove warts from the skin by freezing them off—have caught fire during use at home, harming consumers or setting fire to items around the house.
Since 2009, the Food and Drug Administratio"...
Loprox Shampoo Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Ciclodan, Ciclodan Kit, CNL8 Nail, Loprox, Pedipirox-4, Penlac Nail Lacquer
Generic Name: ciclopirox topical (Pronunciation: sye kloe PEER ox TOP i kal)
- What is ciclopirox topical (Loprox Shampoo)?
- What are the possible side effects of ciclopirox topical?
- What is the most important information I should know about ciclopirox topical?
- What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before using ciclopirox topical?
- How should I use ciclopirox topical?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while using ciclopirox topical?
- What other drugs will affect ciclopirox topical?
- Where can I get more information?
What is ciclopirox topical (Loprox Shampoo)?
Ciclopirox is an antifungal medication. Ciclopirox topical prevents fungus from growing.
Ciclopirox topical (for the skin) cream, gel, and lotion formulations are used to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, and yeast infections.
Ciclopirox shampoo is used to treat seborrheic dermatitis (inflammatory skin condition) of the scalp.
Ciclopirox nail lacquer is used to treat fungal infections of the toenails and fingernails.
Ciclopirox topical may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
What are the possible side effects of ciclopirox topical?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using ciclopirox and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- unusual or severe itching, redness, burning, dryness, or irritation of treated skin; or
- discoloration or other changes in the nails.
Less serious side effects may include mild burning, itching, or redness.
Read the Loprox Shampoo (ciclopirox shampoo) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about ciclopirox topical?
You should not use ciclopirox topical if you are allergic to it.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes, nose, or mouth. If this does happen, rinse with water.
Do not use bandages or dressings that do not allow air to circulate (occlusive dressings) on areas treated with ciclopirox cream or lotion, unless otherwise directed by your doctor. Wear loose-fitting clothing (preferably cotton).
Use this medicine for the full prescribed length of time. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared. Skipping doses may also increase your risk of further infection that is resistant to antibiotics.
Additional Loprox Shampoo Information
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.