In this Article
- What other names is Lorenzo's Oil known by?
- What is Lorenzo's Oil?
- How does Lorenzo's Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lorenzo's Oil.
Special Precautions & Warnings:Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of Lorenzo's oil during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
Blood disorders that cause a decrease in blood platelets needed for clotting (thrombocytopenia) or a decrease in white cells needed to fight infections (neutropenia): Lorenzo's oil might make these conditions worse.
- For adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD): a dose of Lorenzo's oil that provides about 20% of daily calories has been used. In another study, 300 mg/kg/day of erucic acid and 1.7 grams/kg/day of oleic acid (both contained in Lorenzo's oil) were used.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.