In this Article
- What other names is Lorenzo's Oil known by?
- What is Lorenzo's Oil?
- How does Lorenzo's Oil work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Lorenzo's Oil.
Do not take Lorenzo's oil if:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- You have a blood disorder called thrombocytopenia or neutropenia.
- For adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD): a dose of Lorenzo's oil that provides about 20% of daily calories has been used. In another study, 300 mg/kg/day of erucic acid and 1.7 grams/kg/day of oleic acid (both contained in Lorenzo's oil) were used.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.