Lovaza Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (Lovaza)?
- What are the possible side effects of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- What is the most important information I should know about omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- How should I take omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- What happens if I miss a dose?
- What happens if I overdose?
- What should I avoid while taking omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- What other drugs will affect omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
- Where can I get more information?
What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to fish or soybeans.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist about using this medicine if you have:
- liver disease;
- a pancreas disorder;
- underactive thyroid;
- if you drink more than 2 alcoholic beverages per day.
FDA pregnancy category C. It is not known whether omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant while using this medication.
It is not known whether omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids pass into breast milk or if this could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
Do not give this medication to anyone under 18 years old.
How should I take omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids?
Use exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Swallow the omega-3 polyunsaturated capsule whole. Do not puncture or open the capsule.
This medication works best if you take it with food.
To be sure this medication is helping your condition, your blood may need to be tested often. Visit your doctor regularly.
This medication is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Do not freeze.
Additional Lovaza Information
Lovaza - User Reviews
Lovaza User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.