"Dec. 14, 2012 -- Drinking a glass of beet juice may have an immediate impact on lowering blood pressure, according to a new study.
The study shows that within hours of drinking it, beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure (the top n"...
Lozol Patient Information Including Side Effects
Brand Names: Lozol
Generic Name: indapamide (Pronunciation: in DAP a mide)
- What is indapamide (Lozol)?
- What are the possible side effects of indapamide (Lozol)?
- What is the most important information I should know about indapamide (Lozol)?
- What should I discuss with my doctor before taking indapamide (Lozol)?
- How should I take indapamide (Lozol)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Lozol)?
- What happens if I overdose (Lozol)?
- What should I avoid while taking indapamide (Lozol)?
- What other drugs will affect indapamide (Lozol)?
- Where can I get more information?
What is indapamide (Lozol)?
Indapamide is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention.
Indapamide treats fluid retention (edema) in people with congestive heart failure. This medication is also used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
Indapamide may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Indapamide 1.25 mg-MYL
round, pink, imprinted with M, 69
Indapamide 1.25 mg-PAR
round, orange, imprinted with G, IE 1.25
Indapamide 2.5 mg-APT
round, white, imprinted with INV 247
Indapamide 2.5 mg-MYL
round, white, imprinted with M, 80
Indapamide 2.5 mg-PAR
round, white, imprinted with G, IE 2.5
Indapamide 2.5 mg-PUR
round, white, imprinted with 571, R
Lozol 1.25 mg
octagonal, orange, imprinted with 7, R
Lozol 2.5 mg
octagonal, white, imprinted with R, 8
What are the possible side effects of indapamide (Lozol)?
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this medication and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- dry mouth, thirst, nausea, vomiting;
- feeling weak, drowsy, restless, or light-headed;
- fast or uneven heartbeat; or
- muscle pain or weakness.
Less serious side effects may include:
- headache; or
- mild skin rash.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Read the Lozol (indapamide) Side Effects Center for a complete guide to possible side effects
What is the most important information I should know about indapamide (Lozol)?
Do not use this medication if you have severe kidney disease or are unable to urinate, if you have severe liver disease, or if you have low potassium levels in your blood (hypokalemia).
Before using this medication, tell your doctor if you have liver disease, kidney disease, gout, lupus, diabetes, or an allergy to sulfa drugs.
Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise and in hot weather. Follow your doctor's instructions about the type and amount of liquids you should drink. In some cases, drinking too much liquid can be as unsafe as not drinking enough.
If you are being treated for high blood pressure, keep using this medication even if you feel fine. High blood pressure often has no symptoms.
Additional Lozol Information
- Lozol Drug Interactions Center: indapamide oral
- Lozol Side Effects Center
- Lozol Overview including Precautions
- Lozol FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Lozol - User Reviews
Lozol User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get tips on handling your hypertension.