"The US Food and Drug Administration has approved AstraZeneca's Symbicort inhalation aerosol (80/4.5 mcg) for children aged 6 to 12 years with asthma that is not well controlled with an inhaled corticosteroid, the company has announced.
Lufyllin Patient Information including How Should I Take
In this Article
- What is dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- What are the possible side effects of dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- What is the most important information I should know about dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- Who should not take dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- How should I take dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- What happens if I miss a dose (Lufyllin)?
- What happens if I overdose (Lufyllin)?
- What should I avoid while taking dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- What other drugs will affect dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
- Where can I get more information?
Who should not take dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
- a stomach ulcer;
- high blood pressure, a heart condition, or any type of heart disease;
- fluid in your lungs;
- a thyroid condition;
- liver disease; or
- kidney disease.
You may not be able to take dyphylline, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
Dyphylline is in the FDA pregnancy category C. This means that it is not known whether dyphylline will harm an unborn baby. Do not take this medication without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant.
Dyphylline passes into breast milk and could affect a nursing baby. Do not take dyphylline without first talking to your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.
If you are over 60 years of age, you may be more likely to experience side effects from dyphylline. You may require a lower dose of this medication.
How should I take dyphylline (Lufyllin)?
Take dyphylline exactly as directed by your doctor. If you do not understand these directions, ask your pharmacist, nurse, or doctor to explain them to you.
Take each dose with a full glass of water.
You can take dyphylline with food to lessen stomach upset.
Take your doses at the same time every day to keep a constant level of dyphylline in your blood.
Shake the liquid forms of this medication well before use. To ensure that you get a correct dose, measure the liquid with a dose-measuring cup or spoon, not a regular tablespoon. If a spoon or cup is not provided with the medication and you do not have one, ask your pharmacist where you can get one.
Do not switch to another brand or a generic form of dyphylline without the approval of your doctor.
Store dyphylline at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Additional Lufyllin Information
- Lufyllin Drug Interactions Center: dyphylline oral
- Lufyllin Side Effects Center
- Lufyllin Overview including Precautions
- Lufyllin FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Allergies & Asthma
Improve treatments & prevent attacks.