Lupron Depot 11.25
"Treatment approaches for endometriosis often rely on a combination of evidence-based and experience-based (“unsubstantiated” by systematic data and research) approaches. As a result, women with endometriosis may find only temporary or no relief f"...
Lupron Depot 11.25 mg
- Hypersensitivity to GnRH, GnRH agonist analogs or any of the excipients in LUPRON DEPOT.
- Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- LUPRON DEPOT is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant while receiving the drug. LUPRON DEPOT may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. Major fetal abnormalities were observed in rabbits but not in rats after administration of LUPRON DEPOT throughout gestation. There was increased fetal mortality and decreased fetal weights in rats and rabbits. (See Pregnancy section.) The effects on fetal mortality are expected consequences of the alterations in hormonal levels brought about by the drug. If this drug is used during pregnancy or if the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the patient should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus.
- Use in women who are breast-feeding. (See Nursing Mothers section.)
- Norethindrone acetate is contraindicated in women with the following conditions:
- Thrombophlebitis, thromboembolic disorders, cerebral apoplexy, or a past history of these conditions
- Markedly impaired liver function or liver disease
- Known or suspected carcinoma of the breast
Last reviewed on RxList: 4/12/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Lupron Depot 11.25 mg Information
Lupron Depot 11.25 mg - User Reviews
Lupron Depot 11.25 mg User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.