Lupron Depot 3.75
"Treatment approaches for endometriosis often rely on a combination of evidence-based and experience-based (“unsubstantiated” by systematic data and research) approaches. As a result, women with endometriosis may find only temporary or no relief f"...
Lupron Depot 3.75 mg
Lupron Depot 3.75 mg
- Patient Information:
Details with Side Effects
In rats subcutaneous administration of 250 to 500 times the recommended human dose, expressed on a per body weight basis, resulted in dyspnea, decreased activity, and local irritation at the injection site. There is no evidence that there is a clinical counterpart of this phenomenon. In early clinical trials using daily subcutaneous leuprolide acetate in patients with prostate cancer, doses as high as 20 mg/day for up to two years caused no adverse effects differing from those observed with the 1 mg/day dose.
- Hypersensitivity to GnRH, GnRH agonist analogs or any of the excipients in LUPRON DEPOT.
- Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- LUPRON DEPOT is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant while receiving the drug. LUPRON DEPOT may cause fetal harm when administered to a pregnant woman. Major fetal abnormalities were observed in rabbits but not in rats after administration of LUPRON DEPOT throughout gestation. There was increased fetal mortality and decreased fetal weights in rats and rabbits. (See Pregnancy section.) The effects on fetal mortality are expected consequences of the alterations in hormonal levels brought about by the drug. If this drug is used during pregnancy, or if the patient becomes pregnant while taking this drug, the patient should be apprised of the potential hazard to the fetus.
- Use in women who are breast-feeding. (See Nursing Mothers section.)
- Norethindrone acetate is contraindicated in women with the following conditions:
Last reviewed on RxList: 2/2/2012
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Lupron Depot 3.75 mg Information
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg Drug Interactions Center: leuprolide (3 month) im
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg Side Effects Center
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg in detail including Side Effects and Drug Images
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg Overview including Precautions
- Lupron Depot 3.75 mg FDA Approved Prescribing Information including Dosage
Lupron Depot 3.75 mg - User Reviews
Lupron Depot 3.75 mg User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.