"In men with prostate cancer, regular aspirin use is associated with a slower rate of disease progression and a reduced risk of dying from the disease, according to a new study.
The findings come from an analysis of data from the large"...
Patients should be informed that:
- If they experience an allergic reaction to other drugs like LUPRON DEPOT, they should not use this drug.
- LUPRON DEPOT is usually continued, often with additional medication, after the development of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer.
- The most common side effects associated with LUPRON DEPOT are hot flashes, pain (especially joint pain and back pain), injection site pain and fatigue.
- LUPRON DEPOT may cause impotence.
- The increase in testosterone that occurs during the first weeks of therapy can cause an increase in urinary symptoms or pain.
- If they have metastatic cancer to the spine or urinary tract, they need close medical attention during the first weeks of therapy.
- They should notify their doctor if they develop new or worsened symptoms after beginning LUPRON DEPOT treatment.
Last reviewed on RxList: 6/28/2016
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Lupron Depot Information
Lupron Depot - User Reviews
Lupron Depot User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Get the latest treatment options.