Table of Contents
- Lyme disease facts
- What is Lyme disease? What causes Lyme disease?
- What is the history of Lyme disease?
- What are risk factors for developing Lyme disease?
- What are symptoms and signs of Lyme disease?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose Lyme disease?
- What is the treatment for Lyme disease, and what is its prognosis?
- Is it possible to prevent Lyme disease? Is there a vaccine?
Lyme disease facts
- Lyme disease is a bacterial illness that is spread by tick bites.
- Lyme disease can affect the skin, joints, heart, and the nervous system.
- Lyme disease occurs in phases, with the early phase beginning at the site of the tick bite with an expanding ring of redness.
- Lyme disease is diagnosed based on the patient's clinical signs of illness and the detection of antibodies to the causative bacteria in the blood.
- Lyme disease is treated with antibiotics. Continue Reading
1/8Reviewed on 5/15/2014