May 28, 2016
Table of Contents
- Lyme disease facts
- What is Lyme disease? What causes Lyme disease?
- What is the history of Lyme disease?
- What are risk factors for developing Lyme disease?
- What are Lyme disease symptoms and signs?
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose Lyme disease?
- What is the treatment for Lyme disease? What is the prognosis of Lyme disease?
- Is it possible to prevent Lyme disease? Is there a Lyme disease vaccine?
- What types of doctors treat Lyme disease?
- Where can people find more information about Lyme disease?
Lyme disease facts
- Lyme disease is a bacterial illness that is spread by tick bites.
- Lyme disease can affect the skin, joints, heart, and the nervous system.
- Lyme disease occurs in phases, with the early phase beginning at the site of the tick bite with an expanding ring of redness.
- Lyme disease is diagnosed based on the patient's clinical signs of illness and the detection of antibodies to the causative bacteria in the blood.
- Lyme disease is treated with antibiotics. Continue Reading
1/8Reviewed on 4/7/2016
- Is Your RA Progressing?
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- 9 Things That Make Your Feet Hurt