In this Article
- What other names is Lysine known by?
- What is Lysine?
- How does Lysine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lysine.
Interaction Rating: Moderate Be cautious with this combination.
Talk with your health provider.
Lysine can increase how much calcium the body absorbs. Taking calcium along with lysine can increase the amount of calcium in the body. Avoid taking large amounts of calcium and lysine at the same time.
- For cold sores (herpes simplex labialis): 1000 mg daily for 12 months and 1000 mg three times daily for 6 months.
- For treating cold sores (herpes simplex labialis): a specific combination of lysine plus zinc oxide and 14 other ingredients (Super Lysine Plus +) applied every 2 hours for 11 days has been used.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Find out what women really need.