- What other names is Lysine known by?
- What is Lysine?
- How does Lysine work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Are there any interactions with medications?
- Dosing considerations for Lysine.
Possibly Effective for...
- Reducing recurrences and healing time of cold sores (herpes simplex labialis).
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- Improving athletic performance.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Lysine work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Find out what women really need.