- What other names is Maca known by?
- What is Maca?
- How does Maca work?
- Are there safety concerns?
- Dosing considerations for Maca.
Possibly Effective for...
- Enhancing sexual desire in men.
Insufficient Evidence to Rate Effectiveness for...
- >Anemia, leukemia, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), enhancing energy and athletic performance, improving memory, depression, female hormone imbalance, menstrual problems, infertility, menopause symptoms, osteoporosis, stomach cancer, tuberculosis, sexual problems, immune system stimulation, AIDS, and other conditions.
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database rates effectiveness based on scientific evidence according to the following scale: Effective, Likely Effective, Possibly Effective, Possibly Ineffective, Likely Ineffective, and Insufficient Evidence to Rate (detailed description of each of the ratings).
Next: How does Maca work?
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Sex & Relationships
Get tips to boost your love life.