"Dec. 3, 2012 -- Prince William and Catherine Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, are expecting their first baby.
The announcement from St. James's Palace was made earlier than normal because Catherine is in the hospital with an acute form "...
There have been no reports of adverse events associated with overdosage of Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection) in clinical trials. In the case of overdosage, the patient should be treated symptomatically.
- Do not use Makena (hydroxyprogesterone caproate injection) in women with any of the following conditions:
- Current or history of thrombosis or thromboembolic disorders
- Known or suspected breast cancer, other hormone-sensitive cancer, or history of these conditions
- Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding unrelated to pregnancy
- Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy
- Liver tumors, benign or malignant, or active liver disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension
Last reviewed on RxList: 3/29/2011
This monograph has been modified to include the generic and brand name in many instances.
Additional Makena Information
Makena - User Reviews
Makena User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.