"Taking a widely used antidepressant during the first trimester of pregnancy is associated with an increased risk for congenital and cardiac malformations, concludes a systematic review and meta-analysis by Canadian researchers.
There have been no reports of adverse events associated with overdosage of Makena in clinical trials. In the case of overdosage, the patient should be treated symptomatically.
Do not use Makena in women with any of the following conditions:
- Current or history of thrombosis or thromboembolic disorders
- Known or suspected breast cancer, other hormone-sensitive cancer, or history of these conditions
- Undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding unrelated to pregnancy
- Cholestatic jaundice of pregnancy
- Liver tumors, benign or malignant, or active liver disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension
Last reviewed on RxList: 5/25/2016
Additional Makena Information
Makena - User Reviews
Makena User Reviews
Now you can gain knowledge and insight about a drug treatment with Patient Discussions.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Parenting and Pregnancy
Get tips for baby and you.